The comprehensive and effective drug rehabilitation program of "Wisdom Of Wolves" is designed to deal with any drug addiction.
- Music Therapy is a non-verbal psychotherapy comprising music and its elements to promote physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Our nervous system is directly affected by music. Various emotions are evoked, suppressed, exaggerated by music. In the present-day scenario with time constraint, music provides a window for ventilation.
- Music stimulates the entire brain. Along with exercise it is one of the only activities that can stimulate the entire brain. There are 72 ragas and these can control different nerves in the human body.
- All living organisms are made up of cosmic energy. The seven chakras present in our body are constellation of energy. Whenever there is any blockage of flow of energy diseases occur.
- The position of major Chakras corresponds to the major nerve plexus (bundles). The various techniques of Music therapy based on Indian classical music promote chakra healing.
- Stress is a feeling of strain and mental pressure. While stress is something most of us go through every day, it is something we ignore. If not addressed properly, it can lead to major depression and problems like migraine. Music is a really helpful factor in reduction of stress. Reduction of stress contributes to overall well-being of a person.
Effectiveness of Music Therapy:
- Physical Health: Different Ragas like Kalavati, Ahir- Bhairava, Hansadhwani are used for ailments like Asthma, Thyroid, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Gynaecological issues etc. and have shown good results.
- Mental Health: Music Therapy can address the issues related to mental health like schizophrenia, sleeping disorder, stress, anxiety, autism, depression, migraine, Alzheimer’s disease through the use of Ragas like Bhairava, Yaman, Darbari, Lalit etc.
- Spiritual/emotional well-being: The Ragas and the Seven notes of Indian classic music help in emotional well-being and spiritual health leading to a feeling of peace, calmness; improvement in focus, concentration levels; meditation, awakening of Kundalini etc.
Techniques of Music Therapy:
- 1. Saptak Therapy
- 2. Swar Dhyanam
- 3. Sargam Therapy
- 4. Chakra Shodhan with music based on ragas
- 5. Raag Manjari Antah Vishraam
- The therapy is done through live (non-recorded) rendering of vocal and instrumental music.
- 1. A holistic method with focus on the whole self rather than the symptom.
- 2. Acts as a tonic for the nervous system.
- 3. Improves supply of oxygen to the brain.
- 4. Promotes healing.
- 5. Triggers detoxification of the body.
- 6. Improves focus.
- 7. Relaxes body.
- 8. Promotes mental relaxation.
Procedure & Sessions:
- 1. Selection of Ragas depends upon condition of individual.
- 2. The duration of sessions depends upon target group/individual.
- 3. Sessions can be generic in nature.However,the individuals with specific issues like mental stress,
anxiety and other psychological issues affecting their efficiency and accuracy are targeted based on the specific issues.
- A session may be of 45 min to 2 hours duration depending upon the need and response of the individual.
- 5. For group sessions generally the group size should be around 15-20 people.